We are a leading Upstream Oil & Gas Company with active operatorship of prolific blocks. As a result of our current expansion and development programs, we are seeking to engage experienced, passionate, intelligent and resourceful Professionals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- The ideal candidates will be responsible for the implementation of all health, safety and environmental programs for the company at the field locations.
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing organizational safety programs at the locations..
- Maintain a location Corrective Action Register (CAR) and update as required to ensure it is current and up-to- date.
- Ensure fit-for-purpose waste management is conducted at the location.
- Review and conduct risk assessments to detect potential hazards and put in place mitigation plans for all field location operations.
- Train and champion Behavioural Based Safety program at the location for all employees and contractors. Inspect all sites activities works, tools and equipment, verify that it is done in accordance with safety regulation and regulatory compliance.
- Evaluate the field locations and develop safety plan that identify and define the safety responsibilities of all employees and contractors’ personnel.
- Review all contractor safety plans and verify that all employees will participate in safety plan.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports for the assigned location(s)
- Co-coordinate routine fire drills and enforcing safety & security policies.
- Conduct regular HSE audits and incident investigation at the locations
- Ensure location permitting system is effectively implemented.
- Facilitate regular HSE meetings, trainings and induction on safety policies and practices, accident prevention techniques and accident reporting for employees. visitors and contractors.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in core engineering discipline or equivalent with a minimum of Second-Class Upper division. A Master’s degree in any of the relevant Engineering disciplines will be an added advantage.
- NEBOSH IGC, HSE Level-3 qualification and OHSAS18001 Lead Auditor Training are mandatory.
- Offshore work experience, firefighting and incident investigation experience will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant working experience in an E&P Company.
- Knowledge of industry practices, regulatory agency requirements and standards with respect to oil and gas operations areequired.
- Must be capable of working with multi-functional teams in project execution.
- Must be very analytical and capable of delivering results Must have strong interpersonal skills to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Proficiency in IT, at least basic office software is compulsory.
We offer competitive and attractive packages.
Application Closing Date
2nd January, 2024.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.