Margaret Aina Oguntala was born in April 1964. She obtained a B. ENG from the University of Benin in 1986 having had a total of 12 months industrial attachment with various divisions of NNPC including Warri Refinery.
Margaret started her career as Chemical Sales Executive with a Lebanese owned company, Afro International Enterprises Ltd, Matori Lagos in 1988 and rose to the position of Marketing Manager before leaving to start her own business in 1992.
In her 34 years of postgraduate life, she has garnered experience in various fields of Chemical engineering and Management. She has also kept herself abreast of her career by attending many local and international workshops/seminars. Presently, she is the MD/CEO of Bamsat Nigeria Limited as well as Managing Partner of Bamsat Engineering Services Ltd. Both companies are involved in Environmental consultancy, fire/safety and civil/mechanical engineering services respectively. Under her leadership, both companies have grown in leaps and bounds with clients such as NNPC, First Bank Nigeria PLC, Guinness Nigeria PLC, Afe Babalola University and a host of others. One of the most recently executed project of Bamsat Ltd is a 2-storey 72-room Medical Students hostel of Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti.
- In recognition of her achievements, efforts and professionalism, she was inducted into Nigerian’s Construction & Engineering Industry Hall of Fame on 15th September, 2017.
- In recognition of her leadership and managerial skills, she was conferred with the fellowship of Institute of Management Consultant on 1st February 2017.
SERVICE ON BOARDS / COUNCILS
- Member, 11th Governing Council, Lagos State Polytechnic – September 2015- September 2019
- Representative of South West Geopolitical Zone on Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria, COREN – January 2020 till Date.
- Member, 12th Governing Council, Lagos State Polytechnic- August 2020 till Date.
- Member, College Industrial Board, Covenant University, Ota.
SERVICE TO THE NIGERIAN SOCIETY OF ENGINEERS
- NIGERIAN SOCIETY OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERS (NSChE)
Engr. Mrs. M. A. Oguntala FNSE has contributed to the NSChE in various committees such as: Admissions Committee (1995 – 2000), Local Organizing Committee (2011), and Professional Affairs Committee (2011 – Date). She is currently a member of International Affairs Committee.
NSE IKEJA BRANCH
Margaret joined the Ikeja Branch of NSE in 1995 and rose through the ranks from Treasurer to Chairman.
- Oguntala became Chairman in 2009 and not only sustained the good name of NSE Ikeja Branch but took it to greater heights.
- During her tenure of 2 years, Ikeja Branch came 1st and 2nd respectively in the NSE Branch group Dynamics Competition.
- She succeeded in completing the 1st phase of the Branch Secretariat and moved the Branch into the permanent Secretariat building named Ralph Alabi Engineering Centre.
- ASSOCIATION OF PROFESSIONAL WOMEN ENGINEERS OF NIGERIA, APWEN (NATIONAL)
Margaret served APWEN in the following capacities:
- Assistant General Secretary 1995
- General Secretary 1996
- Publicity Secretary 1997 – 1999
- Technical Secretary 2001 – 2003
- General Secretary 2004 – 2005
NIGERIAN SOCIETY OF ENGINEERS (HEADQUARTERS)
Engr. Oguntala is a member of the Council for year 2020. Prior to this, she was:
Vice President, Corporate Resources and Media – 2014, 2015: Engr. Oguntala brought a new innovation into this office by seeking Partners for the Society with a view to improving the visibility and finance of NSE as well as welfare of members. Notable among them was Samsung. In the year 2014, NSE signed an MoU with Samsung Electronics thereby allowing members to enjoy 10% discount on Samsung products. NSE got a mention in all Samsung fora, received giant refrigerators which were given out as Prizes at the welfare night of WECSI 2014 and cash payment of about $82, 000 (Eighty-two thousand USD).
OTHER POSTS HELD(most notable)
- Chairman Conference Planning Committee, APWEN 2017 International Conference
- Vice President and Chairman, Engineering Services Bureau 2016
- National Executive Committee Member and Vice Chairman, F &GP Board – 2013
- Chairman, Finance & Budget Monitoring Committee -2013
- National Executive Committee Member and Vice Chairman, CRM Board – 2012
- Member, Conference Planning Committee – 1998, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Member International Affairs Committee – 2009, 2010, 2011, 2015
- Member, Group Dynamics Assessment Committee – 2011
- Member, Strategic Planning Committee – 2010 – 2011
- Member, Business and Rules Committee – 2012
- Member, National Engineering Games Committee – 2012, 2013
- Secretary, Presidential Inauguration Committee – 2009 & 2013
- Member WECSI Main Organizing Committee – 2012 – 2014
SERVICE TO OTHER BRANCHES/DIVISIONS OF NSE
- Distinguished Guest Speaker, APAPA Branch Public Lecture October 2017
- Distinguished Guest Speaker, APWEN Inauguration Lecture March 2014
- Distinguished Guest Speaker, NIMechE Lagos Chapter Lecture April 2013
- Distinguished Guest Speaker, Convocation/Induction Lecture, LAUTECH Ogbomoso April 2013
SERVICE TO THE ASSOCIATION OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES OF NIGERIA (APBN)
- Assistant General Secretary, 2010 – 2012
- Publicity Secretary, 2012 – 2014
Margaret has received over 50 awards and accolades in the course of her service to her profession and indeed, humanity. Notable among them are:
- Presidential Merit Award, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2019.
- Meritorious Service Award, APBN.
Margaret is happily married with children and grandchildren.