May & Baker Nigeria Plc was founded on September 4, 1944 as Nigeria’s first pharmaceutical company. It has its origin in England, the United Kingdom in 1834 where three chemists founded Grimwade, May & Pickett, a firm for manufacturing chemicals for pharmaceutical products.
We seek applicants with required skills and competencies to fill the position below in our rapidly expanding business:
Job Title: Import Officer
Employment type: Full-time
Key Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head, Planning and Procurement, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- To ensure strategic sourcing and procurement of imported direct and indirect materials, finished goods, machines, equipment and accessories in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for the importation of raw and packaging materials, finished goods, machines, spares, equipment and accessories in line with company’s procurement policies.
- Facilitates the import process to ensure compliant, timely, and accurate stock movements, which includes import documentation, shipment coordination, customs clearance, etc.
- Participates in the Sales and Operations Planning Process (S&OP) through relevant procurement reporting and summary of key supply constraints.
- Ensures import purchase orders are executed promptly as required to foster effective delivery of imported materials for uninterrupted operations.
- Processes all customs clearing related documents and ensures relevant deadlines are met.
- Coordinates the activities of clearing agents and ensures clearing costs are in line with approved tariffs.
- Liaises with suppliers to ensure shipments are done on schedules, and adequate documentation accompany shipments.
- Ensures Exchange Control Documents (ECD) are promptly submitted to Authorized Dealer Banks.
- Establishes mutually beneficial, ethical and healthy relationships with suppliers to achieve quality standards and improvements on a continuous basis.
- Prepares monthly report on import activities.
- Any other responsibility as assigned by the Head, Planning and Procurement.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Management, Economic or related discipline. A Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- Membership of relevant Professional bodies
- Minimum of 4 years cognate experience in similar role.
Competencies Required for the Role:
- In-depth knowledge of importation process, procurement practices and principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of customs regulations and compliance requirements
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, ERP – Microsoft Navision
Key Performance Indicators:
- Procurement cost reduction and avoidance
- Compliance with regulatory and statutory guidelines
- Demurrage rate and returns on container deposits
- Openness, transparency and efficiency of the procurement process.
Within Industry Standard.
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.