On February 1, 2023, Engr Yusuf Oladimeji, Majolagbe was sworn in as the 5th Chairman of the Lagos Chapter of the Nigerian Institution of Environmental Engineers, NIEE. We present you the background of this dynamic and vibrant engineer.
Engr. Yusuf Oladimeji Majolagbe is a graduate of Chemical and Polymer Engineering at the Lagos State University. He holds a Master’s degree in Oil and Gas Engineering at the University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom. Prior to this, he had his primary and secondary Education at Corona School Gbagada Lagos and Lagos State Civil Service Model College Igbogbo. Ikorodu respectively. He is currently a Ph.D. student with focus on Feacal Sludge Management at the University of Ibadan.
Majolagbe has accumulated Over Fourteen (14) years of Experience in the Design, Construction and Maintenance of Wastewater Treatment Plants. He is a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and a Certified PMI Global Authorized Training Partner Instructor.
He started his career working with the Deepwater Operations Department, Chevron Nigeria Limited – through the International Human Resources Development Corporation (IHRDC), the United States of America Based Company as an Assessment Center Supervisor / Project Engineer. Through IHRDC, he conducted presentations and administered assessments for over Five Hundred Operations and Maintenance Employees (DEHYDRATION UNIT, GAS PLANT, PRODUCTION PLATFORMS, MOORING OPERATION & MAINTENANCE TEAM) at Chevron Nigeria Limited on Competency that enables performance to the required standard on the job.
Thereafter, he had good exposure to Oil and gas Engineering with experience covering Project management, Safety, and a core aspect of the Energy Industry at GlobalWeb, Aberdeen, United Kingdom working on a simulation software “Orcaflex” to predict Vortex-Induced Vibration in various kinds of Riser systems used in Deepwater Drilling & Production.
He later joined the Lagos State Government in January 2010 as a Chemical Engineer I, he is currently with the Lagos State Wastewater Management Office (LSWMO) as a “Chief Chemical Engineer” where he has been appointed as the Head of Operations, Public Facility Management Department, He was also designated to work as the Zonal Head for Monitoring Compliance to the Installation of Wastewater Treatment Plants across Yaba, Surulere, and Mainland Areas from July 2021 till date.
While working with Lagos State Government, Majolagbe has held various positions as he rises through the rank. They are: Public Facility Management Department- Head of Operations in LSWMO (September 2022 till date); Plant Manager, Iponri Wastewater Treatment Plant (August 2013 till date); Plant Manager, OkeAfa Wastewater Treatment Plant (June 2011 – July 2013) ; Plant Manager, Abesan Wastewater Treatment Plant (December 2010 – May 2011); Head, Health Safety and Environment Sub-Unit (September – November 2010); Plant Manager, OkeAfa Wastewater Treatment Plant (March-August 2010); Assistant Plant Manager, Alausa Wastewater Treatment Plant (January – February 2010
- OkeAfa Wastewater Treatment Plant, Plant Rehabilitation 2010 and Sewerage Rehabilitation 2012
- Iponri Wastewater Treatment Plant, Sewerage Rehabilitation 2013 and 2017, Plant Rehabilitation 2014
- Abesan Wastewater Treatment Plant, Plant Rehabilitation 2011
- Lagos Deputy Governor Residence Wastewater Treatment, Plant Rehabilitation 2015
- Oba of Lagos Palace Wastewater Treatment Plant Rehabilitation 2018
- Lagos Deputy Governor Residence Wastewater Treatment, Plant Rehabilitation 2019
- He has also designed and Supervised over Fifty (50) Wastewater Treatment Plant projects across the state.
Seminars, Trainings, Conferences, and Certifications
- Lagos State delegation to the Danish Green Transition held 5th – 12th June 2022, with a visit to Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Project Management Institute – ATP Certified Instructor for Project Management Professional (PMP) January 2022.
- Result-Based Monitoring and Evaluation (RBM&E) certification by Tennkos Associates / Lagos State Government, January 2022.
- Clean Energy Certification by Artificial Intelligence for Clean Energy (AI4CE) February 2022.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam – September 2021.
- Project Management Training at Olabod Project Consult – August 2021.
- Project Management Essential Certified by Management and Strategy Institute 2020.
- Project Management Skills by Metropolitan School of Business and Management, UK, 2020.
- Diploma in Project Management by International Business Management Institute Berlin, Germany, 2020.
- Trip to Blackburn Meadows Wastewater Treatment Plant Sheffield United Kingdom August 2015.
- Certified Wastewater Design Software Expert “Aqua Designer” Training between 11th and 15th October 2014 at BitControl Gmbh Nattenheim, Germany.
- Trip to Malaysia for a three weeks course on Strategic Business Acumen for Oil and Gas Professionals, June 2012.
- Careers in Africa Summit, 2009 (London, UK) – Special Invitee
- Attended the Offshore Technology Conference 2009, Reliant Center, Houston, Texas, USA.
- Training on Soil Remediation Software RISC 4 and P20, 2009, University of Aberdeen.
- Best Presenter Oil and Gas Chemistry, University of Aberdeen; Topic; Steam Reforming of Natural Gas, 2009.
- Field trip to St Fergus Gas Terminal 2009, Aberdeenshire, UK
- Field trip to Stonehaven and Dunnottar, 2008, Aberdeenshire, UK – to view, analyse and interpret sedimentary rocks in three dimensions.
- Technical training on e-procurement and JDE Chevron Nigeria Limited, 2006
- Safety training: Behavioral Based Safety (BBS) – i Care, At risk behavior, Safety training observation programme workshop (STOP), and Safety leadership expectations workshop.
- Operational Excellence (OEMS), First aid, Root Cause Analysis & Procedural Risk Assessment, Hazard Recognition and Identification, HAZOP at Chevron Nigeria Limited.
- Chevron Global WellCap well control course for Drilling, Workover & Completion August 14, 2006
- Technical Training: Lwd, Mwd, Directional Drilling, Well Control, Bit Technology, Agbami Completions Challenges. Chevron Nigeria Limited.
- 3rd position Society of Petroleum Engineers Student Paper Contest at the 29th Nigeria Annual International Conference and Exhibition (NAICE 2005). The research was titled “THE EFFECT OF TEMPERATURE ON DRILLING FLUIDS IN A DEEPWATER ENVIRONMENT” – August 2003.
Professional Membership / Fellowship
- Council for Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN)
- Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE)
- Fellow, Nigerian Institution of Environmental Engineers (NIEE)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC)
- Energy Institute (EI) Aberdeen United Kingdom
- Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers (NSCHE)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- Fellow, Institute of Humanitarian Studies and Social Development (IHSD)
NIEE Lagos State Chapter Positions
Treasurer, Nigerian Institution of Environmental Engineers, Lagos State Chapter 2018 – 2019
Vice Chairman, Nigerian Institution of Environmental Engineers, Lagos State Chapter 2020 – 2022
Chairman, Nigerian Institution of Environmental Engineers, Lagos State Chapter 2023 till date.
He is happily married with children.