A leading independent Upstream Oil & Gas Company in Nigeria with active operator-ship of prolific blocks, based on their current expansion and development programs, is recruiting experienced, intelligent and resourceful candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
The ideal candidates must have sound knowledge of relevant Safety related experience for the mitigation of Safety related risks and exposures in an E&P Company/Oil & Gas Industry.
- Review and conduct risk assessments to detect potential hazards and put in place mitigation plans for all field location operations.
- Inspect all sites activities works, tools and equipment. verify that it is done according to the safety regulation and regulatory compliance.
- Evaluate the field location and develop safety plan that identify and define the safety responsibilities of all employees and contractors personnel.
- Maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the locations by conducting HSE trainings for employees/contractor personnel and educating workers about site-specific safety measure.
- Develop new strategies for the mitigations of risks, threats and negative exposures on Company’s business and operations in all field locations.
- Liaise and interface with relevant regulatory agencies and stakeholders for securing relevant permits and approvals.
- Provide proactive and actionable intelligence to forestall safety breaches on locations.
- Maintain a location Corrective Action Register (CAR) and update as required to ensure it is current and up-to-date.
- Train and champion Behavioural Based Safety program at the location for all employees and contractors.
- Conduct regular HSE audits and incident investigation at the locations as well as ensure timely reporting of incidents and close out of audit actions and incident recommendations.
- Review contractors’ safety plans and verify that all employees will participate in safety plan.
- Conduct routine fire drills and enforcing safety & security policies.
- Ensure location permitting system is effectively implemented.
- Conduct regular HSE audits and incident investigation at the location.
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing organizational safety programs at the location.
- Assist in environment related studies (EIA, EES, PIA) etc.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Minimum of Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) with Second Class Upper Division.
- HSE Level 3 and NEBOSH IGC.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant and rounded experience in in an E&P Oil & Gas Industry/Environment.
- IRCA/IEMA certification will be an added advantage.
- Must have understanding in the implementation of HSE-MS, Work Permitting Process, Inspection/Auditing/Report writing, Risk Management, HSE Training, HSE Regulation and Compliance of Industry requirement.
- Must have offshore work experience, Firefighting and incident investigation experience.
- Must be very analytical and capable of delivering results.
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.