The Nigerian Institution of Highway and transportation Engineers is a Division of Nigerian Society of Engineer. Professionals, academia and stakeholders in the industry are hereby invited to submit entry for publication in the next edition of the Institution Journal coming up in 2023.
A. INSTRUCTION FOR MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION
Authors are requested to submit their draft manuscripts, via the online submission system located at: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or WhatsApp no.: 0832630023.
Paper submitted for review should generally be structured in the proposed format given below: –
2. Materials and Methods
3. Results and Discussion
Acknowledgement (if any)
B. INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PREPARATION OF MANUSCRIPT, PLEASE:
1. Write in English.
2. Present the material simply and concisely; in particular cross-check details of references.
3. Use 12 pt. Times New Roman font and use Equation Editor 3.0 to present equations.
4. Set the paper size to A4 (210 mm × 296 mm).
5. Title will be followed by the names of the authors and their affiliation with e-mail contacts specified.
6. An Abstract of not more than 300 words should precede the main text. It should state, among others, aim, methods and significant results. A list of about 5-7 key words should be provided below the abstract. Abstract should be a single paragraph and summarizes the content of the paper.
7. Include tables and figures at appropriate points in the text (or at the end of the text); plan their layout to use page space economically and ensure all figures and tables are cited in the text, in numerical order.
8. Use figures and tables sparingly; plan their layout to use page space economically and ensure all figures and tables are cited in the text, in numerical order.
9. Check that all the figures and tables are clearly legible; data already presented in a table should not be repeated in a figure and vice versa.
10. Either embed graphics for all figures, saved in the word processed file (e.g., word), or provide graphics files of figures separately; make sure only standard fonts are used in graphics files; if non-standard fonts are used they must be embedded.
11. All symbols should be defined either in the body text, immediately after their first appearance, or in a separate section, immediately after the key words. Do not use both methods.
Acronyms: The use of acronyms is allowed everywhere in the paper EXCEPT in the title or abstract. Acronyms should be defined when first used in the paper.
References: All reference works cited in the paper must appear in a list of references. References not cited should not be listed.
Citing and Listing of references should be according to the following:
i. For citations with one author, include author’s name and year, e.g., Nwadike, 2020. For two authors, include both author’s names, e.g., Nsonwu and Hassan, 2021. For citations with three or more authors, list only the first author’s name followed by et al, e.g., Nwadike et al.,2022.
ii. Cite references chronologically, e.g., Nwadike et al, 2022; Nsonwu and Hassan, 2021; Aminu, 2021).
iii. For multiple citations with the same first author, list single-author entries by year using 2021a, 2021b, etc. For example, :(Atume et al, 2021a).
Listing of References
Deadline for the submission of full paper: 31st March, 2023
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication.