Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs. The three major arms are: Consulting, Recruitment and Training.
Alfred & Victoria Associates has become one of the most sought after Human Capital Development Organization in recent times. She is fast becoming the distinguished strategic partner required in all sectors of the economy, and also in the fast growing world of outsourcing which is now in huge demand in all profession.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electro Mechanical Engineer
Location: Ilorin, Kwara
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working with the Production, Purchasing, Document Control and Logistics Managers; the Electro-Mechanical Engineer researches, plans, designs, develops and conducts tests on electronic cables/harnesses and mechanical assemblies and/or systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, and customer requirements.
- Performs detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing specifications.
- Prepares and communicates specifications for purchase of materials and equipment/tooling when necessary.
- Examines, prepares, and verifies technical drawings and specifications of electrical systems, to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements. May draft detailed multi-view drawings of assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors.
- Modifies design to correct operating deficiencies and/or reduce production issues.
- Confers with document originators to resolve discrepancies and compile required changes to ISO work instructions and other related documents.
- Designs and plans the layout of electrical assemblies to customer requirements and communicating details with Manufacturers.
- Directs field testing of products and systems on first run items.
- Responsible for the preparation of estimates, cost reports, forecasts, schedules, account codes, budgets, and change orders.
- Coordinates quantity estimates by obtaining and analyzing data on unit labor costs and unit material costs to reduce costs and increase production.
- Communicates and updates estimates, schedules, reports, and documents based on revisions and changes to the project.
- B.Eng. or HND in Engineering with a bias for Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years related engineering experience with specific experience in cable/harness manufacturing and design.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- An equivalent of education and experience will be considered.
- Preferred knowledge of ISO standards and documentation.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, assembly drawings and wire lists. Ability to use measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers and scales.
- Sound administration skills, well-development management skills to lead employees.
- Membership of Professional Engineering bodies will be considered, such as COREN, NSE, etc.
- Knowledge of engineering work tools, e.g. AutoCad.
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2022; 3:00PM
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the deadline will be automatically rejected.