Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) – We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environmental Coordinator
Job Code: 6.1.01
Objective of Position
The Environmental Coordinator is expected to coordinate the activities of the Unit, to fulfill its objectives.
Under the supervision of Director, Research Division, He/she is to study and analyze national and multilateral environmental policies and assess their impact on energy developments, in particular on the medium- to long-term oil outlook and on OPEC; to study and analyze developments in the global and multilateral debate on climate change and evaluate the impact on OPEC; and to contribute to the coordination of OPEC Member Country positions in international fora on issues pertaining to environment in general and to UNFCCC negotiations in particular.
- Coordinates the activities of the Unit in line with its objectives
- Studies and analyses developments in the international debate on environmental issues related to the energy industry and in particular the activities related to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and its subsidiary bodies and the Kyoto Protocol.
- Responsible for preparing for and attending UNFCCC meetings and reporting on these.
- Assesses the impact of changes in environmental policies in consuming countries on the medium- and long-term development of the world petroleum industry.
- Conducts studies relevant to the subject of environment as it affects the energy sector in general and oil in particular.
- Contributes to the coordination of Member Countries’ positions concerning environmental issues.
- Contributes to speeches, articles and presentations to internal meetings and various international forums.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- University Degree in Environmental Science or Economics, Engineering or other Sciences, preferably with specialization in environment
- Advanced Degree preferred
University Degree: 10 years
Advanced University Degree: 8 years
Analysis of environmental issues related to energy
International debate on environment
- Managerial & leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Decision making skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Team-building skills
- Initiative and integrity
Status and Benefits
Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
The post is at grade D reporting to the Director, Research Division. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Applicatiion Closing Date
20th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to fill in an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor (PDF) (See Nigeria address below) for OPEC or Click Here (Ms Word) to download Application Form. In order for applications to be considered, the application form and resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Adedapo Odulaja,
Governor for OPEC,
Office of the Minister of Petroleum Resources,
Block D, 11th Floor, NNPC Towers, Herbert Macauley Way,
Central Business District,
Click Here to Download Application Form (Ms Word)
Note: Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.