Goteh Construction provides a broad spectrum of solution and expertise to the Africa infrastructure sector. This broad capability enables us to offer our stakeholders full range of solutions from Design, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation and Commissioning as well as Maintenance Management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Job Role / Objectives
A Construction Company seeks to recruit an experienced HSE professional who is passionate about HSE that would ensure compliance to all HSE regulations through the development of strategic systems.
Oversee all HSE activity within the company.
This role also manages the company’s HSE Management System.
Position Overview / Responsibilities
- Conduct regular HSE training and orientation to all employees in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, use of safety equipment, and update company safety measures
- Investigate and properly document construction accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventive measures, and manage return-to-work activities.
- Conduct performance of safety audits and inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Prompt survey of worksites to ensure HSE compliance with Company policies and safety standards and government requirements
- Recommend corrective actions and systems to ensure quick response to all accidents on and off-site.
- Develop project-specific HSE procedures
- Implement risk assessment and controls on-site activities.
- Ensure workplace safety comply with HSE statutory requirements.
- Ensure of safety controls onsite and offsite.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or an HSE discipline.
- Health and Safety Membership of relevant professional and industry associations (e.g.; NEBOSH).
- Good knowledge of ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 14001:2015 standards.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Office products, and engineering software.
- Passionate about health and safety in the workplace.
- Great interpersonal skills are critical in dealing with senior management committee members and in developing the HSE team.
Application Closing Date
5th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV attached with a Passport photograph, Degree Certificate, NYSC Certificate and any other professional / relevant certificates in one (1) email to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidates who do not comply with the above directives would be disqualified.