An Associate Professor of the University of Lagos & Center Director at University of Lagos Sustainable Procurement, Environmental and Social Standards Center of Excellence, Engr. James Akanmu PhD, FNSE, FNIPE, FNICE has insisted that Young Engineers and our institutions are key realization of the sustainable development goals ‘SDGs’.
Akanmu who was the Keynote Speaker at the NSE Lagos branch, Young Engineers Forum Public lecture held in collaboration with the University of Lagos Engineering Society (ULES) and School of Engineering Yabatech Tagged: SDG’s-“Roles of Young Engineers in Delivering United Nations Sustainable Development Goals” He said this could be achieved through collaboration/interdisciplinary work, Advocacy & Evidence based knowledge. He added that Young Engineers need to acquire the skills necessary to promote sustainability, including a culture of peace, equality within and between nations and human rights.
The Special Guest of honor Engr Oludayo Oluyemi FNSE, Principal Partner Hancock Ogundiya & Partners/Past Chairman of the branch also spoke on the role of young Engineers in the SDG’s. He stressed on the need for Young Engineers to participate actively in NSE to garner the requisite mentorship.
The President of NSE, Engr Tasiu Sa’ad Gidari-wudil FNSE who was Chairman of the occasion, sent his greetings.
The Chairman NSE Lagos branch Engr. Ayotunde ogunoiki FNSE spoke about the commitment of the branch to the development of Young Engineers.
The Dean’s of Engineering in both institutions also expressed their commitment to mobilization for active membership.
1. Engr. Prof. Obanishola Sadiq, FNSE, FAEng ( Dean, Faculty of Engineering, Unilag) ably represented by Engr Dr. I. Ayoola
2. Engr. Dr. Onasanya, Dean, School of Engineering, Yabatech ably represented by Engr. Dr. M. Ajala, (Subdean)
The coordinator, YEFoN-NSE Lagos branch Engr. Oguara Rankins said The Young Engineers forum of Nigeria is the Youth arm of the society and Youths should focus on continuous capacity development to achieve the SDG’s.
The following dignitaries also graced the event:
Branch/National Exco’s, members and fellows of NSE to mention a few;
1. Engr C.I Okolie FNSE-NSE Vice President Collaborations & linkages.
2. Engr. Isa imoabino FNSE
3. Engr. Prof Funsho falade FNSE-President of The African Engineering Education Association/ Immediate Past Dean Faculty of Engineering Unilag
4. Engr. Prof. David Esezobor FNSE,
5. Engr. Dr. Sony Emeka Ali FNSE, FNICE
6. Engr. Adekunle Sunday Makinde FNSE,- Past President of YEFoN
7. Engr. Dawood Akinwale Kelani MNSE, FNICE-Chairman NICE Kaduna Chapter