Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited was established in 1981 with Registration No. RC 37125 as a limited liability company specialized in all kinds of Structural Steel fabrication design & erection to the civil construction and Oil & Gas Industries, development and manufacturing of various semi-trailers, rigid truck bodies, which enabled the company to deliver complete projects of steel structures coupled with civil engineering.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Diesel Mechanic
Locations: Sango, Ota, Ifo – Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Tests, services, and repairs tractors and related mechanical components
- Consulting the customer and reading work orders to evaluate the tasks required.
- Preparing work plans after fully scoping out the issues
- Running diagnostic tests on diesel engines and interpreting the results to offer suitable solutions
- Inspecting vehicle systems, including suspensions, steering, and exhausts
- Repairing or replacing vehicle transmissions, brakes, engines, and other associated parts
- Conducting field visits in the case of an emergency or sudden breakdown
- Test driving repaired vehicles to gauge their performance
- Completing oil changes, wheel balancing, alignment, and brake checks
- Maintaining records of parts inventory and service.
- Repair/Replace bolt-on body parts such as hoods and cab ex
- Drive trucks in and out of the shop before and after repairs.
- Clean and maintain work area on a daily basis.
- Maintain a high level of productivity.
- Perform basic or minor repairs and inspections on brakes, tires, wiring, etc.
- Perform basic and routine preventative maintenance on tractors and trailers
- Check vehicle fluids; transmission, oil, windshield wiper, antifreeze, etc
Qualifications & Education
- High School Diploma / Labour Trade test 11 or equivalent required.
- 2 – 5 years of experience Diesel / heavy-duty trucks preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Ability to read and write.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email