VACANCY BRIEF; Position: Security and Community Relations Officer
Department: Security and Community Relations
Reports to: Head, Security and Community Relations
Position Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Terms: Contract
Axxela Limited is a subsidiary of Glover Gas & Power B.V., a portfolio venture of Helios Investment Partners LLP. We are currently pursuing a growth strategy aimed at expanding our over $500m investments in the Oil & Gas industry. Our vision is to power Africa with innovative energy solutions. We have developed over 300km of gas pipeline networks in Nigeria, and we are currently delivering natural gas to about 180 industrial and commercial consumers in Nigerian and West African markets.
We are looking to engage a Security and Community Relations Officer to join our Security and Community Relations Team. The incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of Axxela policies and plans on all Axxela sites and locations, evaluating risks and threats therein and ensuring that the appropriate actions are taken to mitigate the risks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise security operations and administration of all facilities within the area of responsibility including daily activities of the security details at the other company facilities and locations.
• Render daily security reports to the Head of Security and Community Relations
• Evaluate and report threats assessments on all security issues and activities
• Establish and maintain an effective intelligence and security reporting system and proper analysis of intelligence reports
• Ensure that all security operatives adhere to Axxela’s safety regulation.
• Co-ordinate security drills on sites and ensure implementation of approved recommendations.
• Provide security advice to operating unit to minimize risks exposure to incidents.
• Implement journey management measures including escorts rules and procedures and movement for expatriates and staff.
• Escalate security issues and requests for resources to the Head of Security and Community Relations
• Monitor and track all groups that target the company’s assets or products in transit.
• Co-ordinate physical security initiatives for facilities.
• Provide expert security advice for ongoing investigations.
• Enforce proper handling controls for all confidential security information.
• Implementation of all procedures and measures regarding the security of vessels, other assets and facilities during operations.
• Ensure strict adherence to access control policies and procedures in all the company’s facilities.
• A good University degree.
5 years previous work experience with any of the armed Forces or police.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Security and Community Relations Officer’ as subject of the mail. The application deadline is Monday, 21 June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.