Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician – Packaging Sector
Location: Sango-Ota, Ogun
Employment Type: Full Time
- To maintain the working condition of the equipment’s for its prescribed function.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Effective mechanical maintenance across the group.
- Attending mechanical failure of equipment’s in minimum time.
- Continual improvements on machines and equipment maintenance for better output with cost benefits.
- Total coordination of new equipment at all concerned departments for its rated function.
- Maintaining and writing of daily reports on work done on machines (Breakdown/repairs and maintenance).
- To monitor and control the documents for the departmental objectives.
- To do any other duty, assigned by his superiors.
- SSCE, Trade test I, II, III, OND, HND in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Must have minimum 2 years’ experience in a Flexible packaging company.
- Must have specific training related to mechanical fields.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Candidate must be open to shift arrangement.
Application Closing Date
20th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (Microsoft Word format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title of the role as the subject of the e-mail