Position:Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Supervisor
Department: Environmental Health, Safety and Quality (EHSQ)
Reports to:Environmental Health, Safety and Quality Manager
Position Location:Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Terms:Full Time
Axxela Limited is a subsidiary of Glover Gas & Power B.V., a portfolio venture of Helios Investment Partners LLP. We are currently pursuing a growth strategy aimed at expanding our over $500m investments in the Oil & Gas industry. Our vision is to power Africa with innovative energy solutions. We have developed over 300km of gas pipeline networks in Nigeria, and we are currently delivering natural gas to about 180 industrial and commercial consumers in Nigerian and West African markets.
We are looking to engage an EHS Supervisor to join our EHSQ Team. The role requires practical experience in monitoring and reporting compliance on EHS procedures, standards and regulations. The EHS Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring Axxela’s office locations, plants, pipelines and customer locations remain safe, free of health hazards and are environmentally friendly at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate the implementation and continuous improvement of Axxela’s HSE management programs.
• Develop and manage Risk Assessment documentation
• Access periodic performance against Axxela’s HSE Key Performance Indicators; analyse data and develop performance reports, highlighting any issues
• Coordinate the implementation and use of the Company’s HSE Procedures Manuals
• Liaise with local and international government agencies (Fire Service, FEPA, LASEPA, DPR and NGC) on health and safety issues to ensure that all workplace locations remain safe, free from health hazards and gas and pipeline operations are risk free and environmentally friendly.
• Review HSE compliance and performance history of potential contractors and other 3rd parties; and make recommendations to the EHSQ Manager on the suitability or otherwise of each applicant.
• Promote basic safety awareness in the workplace; conduct simple risk prevention and control activities (e.g. fire drills) to increase employees’ understanding of health and safety risk issues.
• Conduct routine and spot checks on operations and equipment using industrial safety techniques to ensure a hazard free environment and safe pipeline operations at all times.
• Prepare routine equipment and operations audit reports; identify potential environmental safety risks for management’s attention and proffer possible solutions
• Coordinate monthly Health and Safety Training for all Axxela staff
• Minimum 2:1 in Engineering Construction, Process Engineering, HSE Management or other related area from a reputable tertiary institution
• Minimum 7 years cognate work experience as a Quality Assurance/Health and Safety Officer within a reputable construction, Gas production, manufacturing facility or plant
• Professional Accreditation in Environment Health Management e.g. as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
Interested and qualified applicants should send their resumes to email@example.com using ‘EHS Supervisor’ as subject of the mail. The application deadline is Friday, 30 April 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.