We have the pleasure to inform you of the workshop on “Procurement and Management of Engineering Projects” being organised by the Nigerian Society of Engineers in collaboration with Techgrade Consulting.
OVERVIEW OF THE WORKSHOP
Experience has shown that the problems commonly facing Engineering Projects in Nigeria
(delays, cost overruns, disputes, poor works, etc.) are usually due to deficient procurement (low bids, incompetent contractors, poor specs, etc.) and ineffective project management. This workshop will provide a deeper understanding of public procurement of engineering projects (in line with the Public Procurement Act) and management of the projects so that procuring entities can achieve their objectives of sound and timely projects at minimized costs while at the same time contractors can achieve better investment returns.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
1. Fundamentals of Public Procurement in Nigeria
2. Procurement Procedures for Goods and Works
3. Procurement Procedures for Consulting Services
4. The Use of Insurances and Bonds in Procurement and Management of Engineering
5. Managing the Design and Construction Phase of Engineering Projects
6. Cost and Quality Control Techniques in Engineering Projects
7. Managing Time, Health and Safety in Engineering Projects
8. Managing Risks and Disputes in Engineering Projects
9. Contract Administration for Engineering Projects
10. Offences in Public Procurement and Precautions to Avoid being a Victim
1. Sept 3-5 – Tahir Guest Palace, Kano Municipal, Kano
2. Oct 22-24 – Nig. Society of Engineers HQ, Central Area, Abuja
Participants will be able to manage engineering projects and achieve:
• Timely and effective procurement;
• Reduced project cost;
• Avoidance of cost overruns;
• Timely completion of projects;
• Avoidance of poor quality works;
• Avoidance of disputes;
• Avoidance of being a victim of procurement offences
• Good return on investment for contractors; etc.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP?
The workshop will be of interest to Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies in Nigeria as well as to Engineering and Construction Contractors and Consultants. The workshop will particularly benefit Procurement Officers, Engineers, Architects, Builders, Quantity Surveyor, Project Managers, Members of Tender’s Board, Planners, Contract Administrators, Academics, etc. as they will become more competent and more effective in handling and supervising the Procurement and Management of Engineering Projects after attending this workshop.
1. Engr (Prof) Charles Uko, Former Deputy Vice Chancellor, University of Uyo and Former Deputy President, COREN
2. Engr Dr Chukwuma Katchy, Managing Partner, KPT Associates Ltd
3. Barr. U Umolo, Managing Director, Procurement & Disbursement Partners Ltd. Abuja.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD) POINTS
This workshop will attract CPD units for participants in line with the mandatory requirements of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) & the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) for Engineering Professionals in Nigeria.
₦85,000.00 per participant
Discounts: 5% NSE members, 5% for 5 or more participants from same organisation.
Payment in Cash/Cheque/Bank Draft in favour of:
The Nigerian Society of Engineers, Ecobank Nig Plc, Acc. No.: 2982021708.
Please register at:
The Nigerian Society of Engineers
National Engineering Centre, (Off National Mosque-Labour House Road)
Central Business Area, PMB 13866, Wuse, Abuja. Tel: 09-2917720, 08132777386
1st Floor, NEC Building, Nigerian Society of Engineers
(Off National Mosque-Labour House Road), Central Business Areas, Abuja.
Tel: 08033469413, 08054890243, 08034885989
E-mail: email@example.com, Website: www.techgradeconsulting.com