The Nigerian Society of Engineers, osogbo Branch has elected new executive committee members to pilot the affairs of the Branch for the next two years and Engr Olalekan Salami has been duly elected as the New Chairman and taking over from Engr Haqib Adetomiwa Zubayr.
Engr O. Salami was the Osogbo Branch General Secretary from 2008-2010
, Vice Chairman 2010-2012
, a National EXCO Member of the Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers (NICE) 2013 and a National Vice Chairman of NICE 2014-2015
He was also a Member of various Committees at the national level of the Division and the Society. He is presently the Assistant Director of Highway Construction, Ministry of Works, State of Osun.
Other EXCO members elected today include:
- Engr Emmanuel Wale Alonge – Vice Chairman
- Engr Adeyinka A. Atoyebi – General Secretary
- Engr Abolade Idowu – Asst. General secretary
- Engr Adesiyan S. Olusola – Treasurer
- Engr Temitayo Fagborun – Financial Secretary
- Engr Ayodele Oyedele – Technical Secretary
- Engr Ayodeji Odeyemi – Publicity Secretary
- Engr H.A Zubayr – Ex officio I/IPC
- Engr Jimoh A. salami Ex-officio II
Congratulate to the outgoing Chairman, Engr Haqib Adetomiwa Zubayr, MNSE and his team for their selfless service.
It will be recalled that NSE Osogbo Branch came first in the Annual Group Dynamic
competition for the first time in its history under the leadership of Engr Haqib Adetomiwa Zubayr which was later presented
to the Osun State Governor Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola who himself is an engineer.