The Federation of African Engineering Organizations / Fédération des Organisations d’Ingéniere en Afrique
Suite 205, NEC Building, National Engineering Centre, off National Mosque – Labour House Road, Central Business District, Abuja, Nigeria. _____________________________________________________________________
27th January, 2020
ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POST OF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Board of the Federation of African Engineering Organizations (FAEO)hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of the Executive Director. The location of employment is the Headquarter of FAEO in Abuja, Nigeria. The Federation of African Engineering Organizations is an International non-governmental organization which represents the interests of all Engineering practitioners in Africa. It represents the Engineering profession in Africa, internationally and sets out to apply Engineering for the benefit of mankind. The selected candidate must have demonstrable capacity to drive the vision and objectives of the organization.
JOB TITLE: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
LOCATION: ABUJA, NIGERIA
The position is open to all National Members of FAEO. Candidates must be Engineers registered and certified by their respective Professional Engineering Institutions and Engineering regulatory bodies. In addition, candidates must meet the following conditions:
• Candidates must have a degree in Engineering. A higher degree and MBA are added advantages
• Candidates must have minimum 15 years of post graduation Engineering practice experience
• Candidates must be Fellow(s) of their respective Professional Engineering Institutions
• Candidates must be medically fit
• Candidates must be of proven good character and integrity
• Candidates must have good knowledge of Information and Communication Technology
• Administrative qualification and experience are added advantages
• The Executive Director is the Head of the FAEO Secretariat. He is accountable to the Executive Board and the Executive Council of FAEO.
• The Executive Director is charged with the responsibility of executing the policies and matters affecting the day to day management of the affairs of FAEO.
• The Executive Director is responsible for directing the fund raising efforts of the Secretariat and ensuring judicious use of the organization’s funds.
• The Executive Director is responsible for maintaining effective communication with the National Members and external organizations. He is responsible for the smooth operations of the Secretariat.
SALARY AND ALLOWANCES
The salary and allowances are very attractive but based on measurable significant performance and outputs
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants are to forward copies of their application letters, detailed Curriculum Vitae and credentials addressed to
The Ag. Executive Director,
Federation of African Engineering Organizations,
Suite 205, NEC Building, National Engineering Centre,
off National Mosque – Labour House Road,
Central Business District, Abuja, Nigeria
All documents should be sent electronically to the following email addresses:
Candidates should also enclose their Vision Statement for FAEO in not more than one thousand (1,000) words
The Curriculum Vitae must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a Senior Engineer of not less than twenty(20)years post qualification experience and who should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness. Recommendation letters from the referees should be sent directly to the above address. Submission of applications closes ten (10) days from the date of this publication.
Engr. Dr. Okopi Alex Momoh, FNSE
Ag. Executive Director