The Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers, Students Wing, name as NICESA, has elected new National Executive members at the recently concluded National Conference in Maiduguri with Comrade Michael Chimezie Emmanuel emerging as the New National Coordinator.
The election which held on sideline of the recently concluded National Conference of the Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers, in Maiduguri, Borno State also witnessed the election of Zonal Coordinators across the 6 geopolitical zones in the country.
Below is the full list of the new officers:
1. National Coordinator- Michael Chimezie Emmanuel- (Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu)
2. Deputy National Coordinator Justin Koko – (River State University)
3. General Secretary, Usman Ibrahim from (University of Maiduguri)
4. Asst. General Sec. – Aminu Muhammad Ahmed. (Kano State university of Science and Technology, Wudil)
5. Financial Sec. – Anjikuol Ibrahim ( university of Maiduguri)
6. Technical Sec. – Usman Lawan Gangaran. ( university of Maiduguri )
7. Welfare Director- Ahmed Muhammed. ( Ramat Polytechnic)
8. Public Relational Officer.- Mshelia Isa ( university of Maiduguri)
1. South East Regional Coordinator- Eze chibuike S. ( Enugu state university of science and technology)
2. South South regional Coordinator- Ngoye Telema ( River State University)
3. South West Regional Coordinator. – Nnamdi D. Azubuike ( YabaTech college of Technology)
4. North East regional coordinator- Auwal Gambo ( University of Maiduguri)
5. North west regional coordinator. -Abubakar Ahmed Sulaiman (Kano university of science and technology. Wudil)
The Outgoing National Executive led by Comrade Dede Sokari of Rivers State University was inaugurated at the 2018 National Conference of NISE. A new dawn in the NICESA continuous growth and progress. The body recorded inauguration of more universities and polytechnics, organised a national design competition, more networking programmes and also have created deeper awareness and connection among members nationwide through social media with a telegram group to contain up to 10,000 students nationwide.
Other programmes organised are online and offline technical sessions from its various chapters and once a month on its telegram handle, Industrial Training Placement civil engineering students, proper documentation of the institutions database, organising various students oriented programs in its various zones to list but a few. The administration, through support of NICE deepened unity among its members nationwide from the student down to the chapter presidents and to the Zonal Coordinators.
The new National Coordinator, Michael Chimezie Emmanuel is a 400 Level Civil engineering student of Enugu State University of Science and Technology. He is also the current President of the NSE ESUT Chapter and CEO of JOHTECH CONSULT LTD. A company dealing in design and modelling. He has trained many of his colleagues in area sof software designs like AtoCAD, Revit, Civilsoft, Orion etc. He believes in impacting and sharing knowledge and look to bring this wealth of experience to work in his capacity as the National Coordinator of the student body.
NICESA is the student wing of the Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers, NICE with membership across the Nigerian tertiary institutions. The body is under the supervision of NICE.