The Nigerian Society of Engineers is hereby calling for nominations/applications from all Engineers in Nigeria for 2019 Engineer of the Year Award. This award is to distinguish and recognize, in a dignified public way, an outstanding Engineer of the Nigerian Society of Engineers.
a. Be a Financial Member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers
b. Be a Nigerian Citizen.
c. Be a Resident of any part of Nigeria.
d. Be Registered with COREN.
e. Be an individual or a group of individuals.
1. Only one (1) nomination/application should be submitted and shall include: –
a. Resume of the Candidate(s)/Nominee(s)
b. Citation of achievements in not more than 500words
Nominations/Applications should be made strictly on the prescribed Format which is available on our website: www.nse.org.ng.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
1. Candidate must have a record of extensive participation in
professional engineering and The Nigerian Society Engineers
2. Candidate’s professional integrity shall be beyond question.
3. Candidate shall have consistently worked for the professional and technical interest of the engineering profession.
4. Candidate must have achieved particular distinction in his own technical field and mode of practice, which may be in government, education, construction, industry, or private practice.
5. Occupational and Professional Achievements – Positions held in companies, businesses, government or other work agencies with which the candidate is associated.
6. Creativity of design/Fabrication, Testing approach, Impact of design on manufacturing cost, quality, or other manufacturing and performance requirements.
7. Commercialization potential of the project and marketability of the product (for product development projects)
8. Level of local content of inputs.
9. Quality of the presentation (timeliness, graphics, clarity) Impact of design in meeting local need(s)
The Nigerian Society of Engineers reserves the right to revoke and or withdraw any already conferred Award at any time whenever the originality/ authenticity of claims by the nominee is in doubt.
All nomination/application documents in softcopy must be sent to: email@example.com. The email which subject shall be “2019 Engineer of the year Award)” must reach the Award Committee of the Nigerian Society of Engineers on or before Saturday 30th of September, 2019.
For enquiries, please contact: 07030440938, 08062447797
The Nigerian Society of Engineers
National Engineering Centre
Central Business District, Abuja